Filed under A&E, Top Stories

Colonial students’ many thoughts on ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’

Courtesy Walt Disney Co.

Courtesy Walt Disney Co.

COLONIAL SCHOOL — “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” is coming out today (Dec. 14). Students have predictions about what might happen and opinions on what they like and don’t like.

“I am predicting  Luke Skywalker is going to turn to the dark side,” said Maggie Memoli.

Maggie also said, “The movie isn’t going to be the best one.” She said her all-time favorite Star Wars movie is “A New Hope.” She really likes the character Ray in the current trilogy.

“I’m looking forward to Luke Skywalker because he will be acting and looking old,” said Darcy Clarke. “I like the first movie because my favorite characters were in it. Also, I like really corny movies.”

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" is going to be

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“I do not think this will be the best movie,” said Eloise McGibbon “The originals are the best ones.”

“I am looking forward to seeing the new adventures,” said Ava Karame. Ava couldn’t pick a favorite Star Wars movie “because they are all so good. There is always something that happens and it interests me.”

Finbar Doyle has a different point of view: “The movies are annoying because a lot of people die. The creators don’t think of the next movie in the series, and the good characters always die, so they’re not in it.

Noah Sherbansky said, ”It is going to be the best movie.” He said he expects it will be the last movie so the creators will put the best action in it.

“It is going to be a great movie because I saw the trailer and spoilers,” said Will Russello. “I am thinking that Luke Skywalker is going to die or do something evil.”

About the Writers
Arden Keough, News Editor

Arden Keough loves to play soccer. Her team is the Ambush. Her hobbies are lacrosse, soccer and swimming. She loves to write. Her favorite book is “Fish in a Tree.” Her favorite movie is “Grease.” She has two brothers who are both older than her and a poodle named Cali. She loves ice cream and sugar. Her favorite color is rose gold. She is very messy at home. She loves to go shopping at the Westchester Mall.

Alex Dolen, Student Life Editor

My name is Alex Dolen. My favorite sport is lacrosse. In the summer, I swim and ride horses at Mackinac. I love reading books. My favorite book is “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” I love writing for the Colonial newspaper. My favorite color is aquamarine. My favorite food is cookie dough. My pets are Owen (a dog) and Willow (a hamster). I play soccer on the Pelham Rebels and lacrosse on the Midnight Shooters. My hobbies in the winter are skiing and skating. I ski with my brother, dad and mom.

Ella Klossner, A&E Editor

My name is Ella, and I love soccer, lacrosse, basketball, skating, skiing and swimming. I am on the Rebels with Alex Dolen. My favorite book is “Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.” I have a younger brother Jake who is very annoying. I have two crazy dogs name Lucky and Scooby. My favorite color is light aquamarine. My favorite food is RIBS and PASTA!! My favorite dessert is anything that involves sugar .

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Colonial students’ many thoughts on ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’”

1. Julia Findikyan on December 18th, 2017 8:33 PM

First Star Wars story ever written by girls! Great job! 🙂

2. Ella Klossner on January 23rd, 2018 5:05 PM

thanks

3. syrus preftakes on January 30th, 2018 4:45 PM

Great job

4. max halvorson on February 8th, 2018 11:13 AM

it is good and stuff

*