Filed under A&E, Top Stories

Courtesy Walt Disney Pictures

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

COLONIAL — The new movie “Coco” came out. Many Colonial students enjoyed the film.

The movie is about a boy Miguel who plays a guitar and needs to get blessed so he can turn back from being a ghost.

”The movie was sad but fun to watch,” said Amelia Blake. “My favorite character was the boy. I would rate the movie an eight.”

Will Russello said, ”Coco was really good. My favorite character is the uncle. I would rate the movie a seven.”

“The movie was okay, but a little bit sad,” said Finbar Doyle. “I would rate the movie a seven.”

Eva Stinger said, “I thought the movie was amazing….I would rate the movie a ten.”

Leo Jurcic disagreed with the high rankings: ”The movie was bad. I would rate the movie a one.”

Lilly Reid said, ”I like the movie a lot, but some of the times in the movie it can get sad.”

”I think the movie was good and it showed a lot of history,” said Alex Dolan. “I would rate the movie an eight.”

The movie has had a negative impact on some kids, according to one doctor. Dr. Monica Kappor, who works in the ER at the biggest children’s hospital in New York, said that kids came in and they were having nightmares with dead people all over the place.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
About the Writers
Anjali Shekher, Staff Reporter

My name is Anjali Shekher, and I love writing for the newspaper. I also love playing lacrosse. My hobbies are cooking, dancing, singing. I speak three...

Lucy Cole, Student Life Editor

My name is Lucy Cole, and my favorite things to do are Irish step dancing, go hiking and camping. I also like to surf, sail and play soccer.

I like...

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Most kids rate film ‘Coco’ highly; one doctor reports film causing nightmares for some”

1. Sean McGovern on January 9th, 2018 4:42 PM

I read your story

2. Sabine on February 6th, 2018 4:59 PM

I did to & I am sooooo soosososo glad I did!!!! GREAT STORY!!!!

3. kellen o on January 11th, 2018 3:23 PM

amazing job enjoy the homework passes kellen Oneill

4. Audrey Davis on January 30th, 2018 4:47 PM

I agree with Leo, but tiny bits were somewhat sensible. Great story!

5. Alex dolen on February 27th, 2018 4:42 PM

I love this movie, you did a great story on it!!!!

6. Anjali Shekher on February 27th, 2018 4:46 PM

great

7. Anjali Shekher on April 17th, 2018 3:40 PM

THANKS FOR SUBMITTING COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Julia Findikyan on April 24th, 2018 3:33 PM

Great story! 😉

9. Audrey Davis on April 24th, 2018 3:50 PM

I was VERY confused but it was good i guess. The movie, I mean. The story is great. 😛

10. Evan Kaplan on January 3rd, 2019 9:43 PM

I think its very interesting that people are getting nightmares from this particular movie, and I really like the story.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Most kids rate film ‘Coco’ highly; one doctor reports film causing nightmares for some

A&E

‘The Stormrunner’ by J.C Cervantes leaves reader begging for more story

A&E

How much do people really like ‘Baby Shark?’

A&E

‘How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ excites some kids

A&E

‘Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse’ brings many spider heroes together

A&E

Review: ‘Fantastic Beasts: the Crimes of Grindelwald’ is good movie overall

A&E

Mary Poppins back in theaters after long wait

A&E

Colonial students love new movie ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’

A&E

Mixed feelings from students on new ‘The Grinch’ movie

A&E

‘Aquaman’ gets his own movie

A&E