Filed under A&E, Top Stories

Nickelodeon’s 2018 Kids Choice Awards slime Spongebob, Liza Koshy and ‘Shape of You’

COLONIAL — Nickelodeon aired the 2018 Kids Choice Awards from Inglewood, Calif., at The Forum. Many people were award winners.

John Cena hosted the 30th awards, which aired on March 24 at 8 pm. Some of the winners were “Spongebob Squarepants” for favorite TV show, Liza Koshy for funniest You Tube creator and “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran for favorite song. The first year Nick had the yearly ceremony was 1988.

The Nickelodeon slimy substance used to slime award winners is made with vanilla pudding, applesauce, green food coloring and cottage cheese. The green slime debuted on “You Can’t Do That On Television,” a Canadian show first airing in 1979.

There are also Nickelodeon Kids Choice awards held in Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Indonesia, the United Kingdom and Mexico. In 2014, the channel hosted a Kids Choice Sports Awards for athletes. The winners are picked based on votes made by kids.

The newest awards this year are Favorite Global Star, BFFs (best friends forever), Favorite Frenemies, Most Wanted Pet, #Squad, Favorite Music Video, Favorite DJ/EDM artist, Favorite Soundtrack and Favorite Viral Music Artist. The oldest awards have been given every year: Favorite TV Show, Favorite Actor and Favorite Actress.

“It was okay,” said Jada-Lynn Baez, who watched the show. “It just wasn’t as big and exciting as the previous ones. ”

The show was also presented by Dannii Minogue, and the rewards were a KCA Blimp.

About the Writer
Gillian Ho, Student Life Editor
Hi, my name is Gillian, and I am in 5S. My favorite color is purple, and my birthday is Oct. 19. My favorite books are “Wonder” and “I Will Always Write Back.” I have a pet bunny named Beck, who is super cute! I play violin, cello and take voice lessons. My favorite movie is...
1 Comment

One Response to “Nickelodeon’s 2018 Kids Choice Awards slime Spongebob, Liza Koshy and ‘Shape of You’”

1. Anjali Shekher on May 8th, 2018 3:44 PM

Nice job

[Reply]

*