Filed under News, Top Stories

Safety Patrol assists kids and that helps parents (from our mid-year print edition)

Safety Patrol member Sabine Bushong prepared to help a student out of the car during drop off.

Jada-Lynn Baez

Jada-Lynn Baez

COLONIAL SCHOOL โ€” Children are joining Principal Tonya Wilson’s Safety Patrol team.

“I enjoy Safety Patrol because you get to do a lot of hands on jobs, which you would not normally get to do,” said Gillian Ho, who is in 5S.

Bella Cross, who is in 5S, said, “I think it’s cool for the school to do Safety Patrol because it’s good for kids to help kids.”

Charlotte Seligman, who is also in 5S, said, “Safety Patrol is something schools should do. I do not think that it is bad or unusual for a school to do this. ”

“I started Safety Patrol because it teaches leadership and responsibility skills,” said Mrs. Wilson said. “In this school, we have actually been doing this Safety Patrol team for three years. I like how students help each other.  Safety Patrol is going very well this year.”

Julia Findikyan, who is in 5H, said, “I enjoy Safety Patrol very much because just knowing that your helping out makes you feel really good. The only thing that is kind of hard for me is to wake up early in the morning.”

Kira Findikyan, who is in 5S, said, “I really enjoy Safety Patrol because it teaches and inspires young kids to help the school. It also shows leadership.”

“I think it is cool for the school to do this because it is great to help people and it makes you feel really good after,” said Skyler Austin (5H).

Plum Durham, who is also in 5H, said, “It is so cool for the school to have this because our school is on a busy street and kids can get hurt without help.”

Erin Moskowitz, who is in 5S, said, “It is good for the school to do this because it helps with opening car doors for people, so parents will not have to do it.”

About the Contributor
Jada-Lynn Baez, Student Life Editor
My name is Jada-Lynn Baez. I am ten years old. I love to play many sports! Some of my favorite sports are lacrosse, basketball, soccer and softball. I have a pet puppy named Rhaegar and I love hime a lot. I am reading the Dork Diaries series and the Harry Potter series. I love fiction...
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Safety Patrol assists kids and that helps parents (from our mid-year print edition)”

1. Sabine on April 24th, 2018 3:48 PM

Safety Patrol is so much fun! I love it! Mrs. Wilson is so fun and awesome! No one could be better for the job! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Anjali Shekher on May 8th, 2018 3:44 PM

Good job!

*