Filed under News

Alex Dolen, veteran class rep, elected president of Student Government

COLONIAL SCHOOL – The annual Colonial School presidential election came down to Alex Dolen and Luke Dolan, with Alex becoming the new president of Student Government.

Both of the fifth grade candidates had had past experience in student government as class representatives.

“I have been wanting to do this for awhile,” said Alex. “I’m excited. I honestly don’t think I’m going to win, I just want to be vice president. I have always enjoyed my past years in Student Government.”

Luke said, “I did this because my sister wanted me too, because my sister was president.”

Before election day, both candidates prepared. They tweaked their speeches to make them better. On the day of the election, Student Government was preparing the auditorium for the elections.

The voters had views, too. 

“I would never run for president,” said Drew Shannon. “Because it’s too much work, and I would never want to miss a recess. I don’t care who I vote for. In my opinion, the president doesn’t do much, and it’s just a higher ranking in student government.”

Before the vote, Heather Reiche said, “I was thinking about doing it, but I felt I had a better chance of becoming a representative. I think I know who I am going to vote for, but I want to hear what they’re going to say.”

“I was going to run but then everyone was running, and no one would vote for me,” Darcy Clarke said. “I think I do know who I’m voting for. but I want to hear there speeches first.

About the Writer
Ava Karame, Staff Reporter

My name is Ava Karame. My after-school activities include hockey, lacrosse and crafting. I have always had a thrive for writing. I find it is such a great...