Filed under News, Top Stories

Fifth graders take on projects that will make change at Colonial

5th GRADE CLASSROOMS — In fifth grade, students are working on the Make a Change (MAC) project. The fifth graders are assigned to suggest ideas that will make things better, like altering classroom seating, adding gardens and fixing bathroom problems. The projects are supposed to help students in Kindergarten through fifth have a better life at Colonial until they go to the middle school.

We are going to take away all of the makerspace things, then we will add more things like bouncy ball chairs. We wanted to do this because nobody uses the makerspace.”

— Heather Reishe

“Anjali and I are going to make the makerspace into a break room,” Heather Reishe said. “We are going to take away all of the makerspace things, then we will add more things like bouncy ball chairs. We wanted to do this because nobody uses the makerspace.”

Theo Moss said, “I am doing the bathrooms because the bathrooms stink, and they are not in good condition. We are getting refreshers and a new coat of paint.”

Taylor Danzis said, “Will H. and I are trying to get Chromebooks for 5s. Because we keep interrupting other classes when they are using Chromebooks. It is going pretty good. We found the cheapest Chromebooks.”

About the Writer
Lucy Cole, Student Life Editor

My name is Lucy Cole, and my favorite things to do are Irish step dancing, go hiking and camping. I also like to surf, sail and play soccer.

I like...