Most fifth graders like changing classes for science and social studies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Changing classes can be good practice for when fifth graders attend Pelham Middle School.

Colonial Times file photo

Colonial Times file photo

Colonial Times file photo

CLASSROOMS 5S & 5H — Recently, the new fifth graders began experiencing switching classes for the first time. Class 5S went to 5H’s class for science, and 5H went to 5S’s classroom for social studies.

Out of ten students interviewed, only one person said they didn’t like switching classes.

Erin Moskowitz said, “It’s fun because you get to have another teacher and another desk. It also prepares you for sixth grade.”

Lila Berkery agreed. “I like it because I get to experience the other teacher.”

But David Forte countered, “Moving back and forth was too much.”

About the Writers
Gillian Ho, Student Life Editor

Hi, my name is Gillian, and I am in 5S. My favorite color is purple, and my birthday is Oct. 19. My favorite books are "Wonder" and "I Will Always Write...

Kate Kapplow, A&E Editor

My name is Kate Kapplow. I am 10. I am in 5th  grade I have a brother who is 8 and a sister who is two. I have three fish. I love pink and blue....

1 Comment

One Response to “Most fifth graders like changing classes for science and social studies”

1. Baez on November 25th, 2017 3:06 PM

Amazing story! I love switching classes and totally agree with Lila and Erin!

*