Filed under Student Life

Colonial PTA lunchtime enrichment program offers Spelling Bee Club

MRS. STAVALA’S CLASSROOM — The Spelling Bee Club is a club that helps students prepare for the school district’s spelling bee. It mostly involves making flash cards, but members also do practice bees.

The students discuss the rules and even voted on what the spelling bee t-shirt should look like.  Some fourth graders that go to the Spelling Bee Club during lunchtime enrichment are Julian Matteon, Maxim Katchura and Anjali Sheker.

“I think it’s great,” said Julian Matteoni. “The teachers are kind, and I think it’s a great way to extend your vocabulary.”

About the Writers
Maxim Katchoura, Staff Reporter

I like science and recess. I have a cat named Dasha who likes to sleep, eat, lay around and run. My favorite restaurant is Applebee’s. My favorite color is black. My favorite food is shrimp. My hobby is caring for Dasha.

Vijay Ranganathan, A&E Editor

Hello my name is Vijay Kris Buonafede Caterina Philipo Ranganathan and I am half Indian and half Italian.

I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very excited for being an editor. My favorite book is by Michael Crichton and it is the original “Jurassic Park” novel. My favorite food is lettuce, and my favorite drink is water. My favorite movie’s are “X-2,” “Logan,” and “X-men: Days of Future Past.” I used to have seven fish and two crabs. I really like to rank movies. My favorite sport is basketball, and my favorite player is Michael Jordan. I love to play games, and I am a little sarcastic. I am not very risk taking. I want to be an actor when I grow up. I am very creative. I am a A&E Editor.

1 Comment

One Response to “Colonial PTA lunchtime enrichment program offers Spelling Bee Club”

1. Audrey Davis on January 30th, 2018 4:38 PM

This is really good. Hurray for Vijay and maxim!

*