Filed under Student Life

Colonial PTA lunchtime enrichment program offers Spelling Bee Club

MRS. STAVALA’S CLASSROOM — The Spelling Bee Club is a club that helps students prepare for the school district’s spelling bee. It mostly involves making flash cards, but members also do practice bees.

The students discuss the rules and even voted on what the spelling bee t-shirt should look like.  Some fourth graders that go to the Spelling Bee Club during lunchtime enrichment are Julian Matteon, Maxim Katchura and Anjali Sheker.

“I think it’s great,” said Julian Matteoni. “The teachers are kind, and I think it’s a great way to extend your vocabulary.”

About the Writers
Maxim Katchoura, Staff Reporter
I like science and recess. I have a cat named Dasha who likes to sleep, eat, lay around and run. My favorite restaurant is Applebee’s. My favorite color is black. My favorite food is shrimp. My hobby is caring for Dasha.
Vijay Ranganathan, Staff Reporter
Vijay Ranganathan is a 10-year-old boy who has lots of likes. Some are soccer, baseball, basketball, swimming, newspaper and other non-important activities. He has one 5-year-old sister named Giovanna. He also has a mom named Caterina and a dad named Kris. Also he has someone who helps him with sports (mostly basketball). His favorite activity...
1 Comment

One Response to “Colonial PTA lunchtime enrichment program offers Spelling Bee Club”

1. Audrey Davis on January 30th, 2018 4:38 PM

This is really good. Hurray for Vijay and maxim!

[Reply]

*