Filed under Student Life

Kids planned to go to country clubs, dress up and do more things for St. Patrick’s Day

COLONIAL SCHOOL — When interviewed before the holiday, some kids said they planned to spend their St. Patrick’s Day doing things big and small. Some have Irish blood, and some do not.

Before the holiday, Bryn Felgner said that she was not Irish and she was going to play with her pets on St. Patrick’s Day. She said she likes the holiday because it’s fun. Also, she was not going to any parties.

Arden Keough said she is 50 percent Irish, but she is going to hang out with her grandma, great aunt, uncle and aunt at the Pelham Country Club. Overall, she really likes St. Patrick’s Day.

“I am Irish because my grandparents are,” said Eloise Mcgibbon. “For St.Patrick’s Day, I will put green and gold face paint on my face. I am also going out for lunch with my family. I’m not going to a party.”

Alex Dolen said she is not Irish, and for St.Patrick’s Day, she will dress in green and maybe dye her hair green. She won’t have a party, but she might hang out with friends who also like St.Patrick’s Day.

About the Writers
Lucy Cole, Student Life Editor

My name is Lucy Cole, and my favorite things to do are Irish step dancing, go hiking and camping. I also like to surf, sail and play soccer.

I like cooked kale because it is yummy, buttery and good for you, I also play basketball in the winter.

I like ice cream cake, and I also like going shopping with my friends. I also have two pet hermit crabs. I also have a frog and one brother.

I like to have sleepovers.

Heather Reische, Staff Reporter

My name is Heather Reische, and I like playing soccer on the Devils. I also like playing basketball. My favorite color is blue because it’s cool. When I am in fifth, I hope to write for the Student Life section because I like learning about other kids’ lives. My favorite food is pasta because it tastes good. My favorite subjects are reading, writing and math.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Kids planned to go to country clubs, dress up and do more things for St. Patrick’s Day”

1. Arden Keough on March 27th, 2018 3:52 PM

I love this story it is nice and I like St.pats day

2. Lucy on April 17th, 2018 3:41 PM

thanks for commenting

*