Filed under Student Life

Salad feast is plant lesson (from our June print edition)

4th GRADE CLASSROOMS — The salad feast is a project that the fourth grade is doing to learn about the parts of a plant.

“I am really excited for the salad feast because when you write the ingredients, you actually make what you wrote,” Bryn Felgner. “One ingredient that I think would be good for the salad is dressing because it really gives the salad the flavor. I recommend this activity to other fourth graders because it is a really fun activity doing while you are learning about plants.”

Audrey Davis said, “I am kind of excited for the salad feast because for once I get to make a salad that I don’t have to eat. One ingredient is cabbage for the salad because I like it. I do recommend it for other fourth graders because all other fourth graders have to do it anyway.”

“I am excited for the salad feast because I love eating salad, and it is a good lesson for teaching kids about plants,” said Arden Keogh. ”One ingredient that would be good is sesame seeds because I watch a lot of TV shows, and they say, ‘You got to get a crunch.’ And sesame seeds give a crunch. Of course, I recommend this because some people don’t know what a salad is and now they know.”

Lucy Cole said, “I’m excited for the salad feast because I really want to see the parents’ reaction to the students’ salads. I think that lettuce would be a good ingredient for the salad because when parents look at the salad, they say, ‘Oh, it is actually good.'”

About the Writer
Anjali Shekher, Staff Reporter

My name is Anjali Shekher, and I love writing for the newspaper. I also love playing lacrosse. My hobbies are cooking, dancing, singing. I speak three...