Kindergartners get ready to take next step (from our June print edition)

Kindergartners in Ms. Kathleen McCarthy's class at work and play.

Jada-Lynn Baez

Jada-Lynn Baez

KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOMS — Everyone’s school year at Colonial has almost come to an end, including those who have been in their first year.

Put yourself back into those little Kindergarten shoes. How did it feel? Some may remember what it felt like to move up from one grade to another when they were older. But can you remember back to Kindergarten?

“I am excited for first grade because I think I am going to have extra recess, and I want to learn more,” said Brynn Aboozia (KS).

Griffin Springer (KS) said, “I am excited for first grade because I want to learn all about older-kids science because there is a lot of that in first grade.”

Ms. Alaura Stivala, who teaches Kindergarten, said, “I think that these kids are ready for first grade because this year we spent it working hard and learning to read, which is a huge accomplishment. It is going to be very hard to say goodbye.”

Matteo Panzani (KM) said, “I am excited for first grade because it seems like lots of fun.”

“I think that first grade will be fun because I just think so,” said Adeline McKee (KM).

Jack Hill-Ries (KM) said, “I am excited for first grade because Mrs. Bagwell told us that we would get to ride our bikes.”

Tiago Shaw (KM) said, “I am excited for first grade because I get to meet new teachers.”

Amanda Ferrara (KM) said, “I am excited for first grade because I want to be in the higher grade.”

“They are definitely ready for first grade because all year they have been working very hard and have become great readers and writers,” said teacher Kathleen McCarthy. “They have, as well, learned to get along and how to work in a classroom together.”

About the Contributor
Jada-Lynn Baez, Student Life Editor
My name is Jada-Lynn Baez. I am ten years old. I love to play many sports! Some of my favorite sports are lacrosse, basketball, soccer and softball. I have a pet puppy named Rhaegar and I love hime a lot. I am reading the Dork Diaries series and the Harry Potter series. I love fiction...