Colonial Times

The news from the school you love.

Colonial Times

Colonial Times

Coding Club at Colonial

Coding Club at Colonial

Do you like coding? Come join the coding club at Colonial school. Coding club meets during lunch and it is a fun way to express ideas. Mrs. Salerno is the supervisor of this club and allows the students to create scratch games or program animations. You can code whatever you feel like.

Every day at the start of the meeting Mrs. Salerno has each student share something that they found out or something that they think is interesting. Some students that might have a bit more experience with coding help other students out. Just ask Philip Panushev from 4G. He says, “ I like it because it’s fun and you get to code.” Many students enjoy programming with simple blocks, or using python for more advanced programming. Students get to learn and review strategies for coding in coding club. Having a profile is a big responsibility. Other programmers in this enrichment enjoy simple coding or playing scratch games.

There are lots of different people in the coding club but we all have one thing in common: we like to code!