Colonial Times

The news from the school you love.

Colonial Times

Colonial Times

The Volleyball Championship: Golden Tigers vs Green Pizzas

Mrs. Bagwell

On November 30th, 2023 the Golden Tigers led by captain Emily McCann played the Green Pizzas led by captain Morgan Quirrolo. The Golden Tigers represented class 5S and the Green Pizzas represented class 5P. 

Before the teams hit the court, the student section was cheering so loud that Mrs.Bagwell the physical education teacher had to stop the crowd just for the game to even start. It was so loud that you couldn’t hear the music being played.

When the game finally started, Golden Tigers #1 server Teddy Garry brought the Golden Tigers to a 9-0 lead. The Green Pizzas started to come back with 4 straight points by their server Matteo La Monica. The 5S student section was so loud that the Golden Tigers failed to hit the ball over the net which allowed 5S to receive a point that gave them a commanding 10-4 lead with 4 minutes on the clock. 

Next came the Golden Tigers next server Issac Arz. After many close calls that were nearly returned by Henry Stepier, Saifan Hasmi laid out and scored three straight points. With 2 minutes on the clock the Golden Tigers were dominating the Green Pizzas 17-4. But the Green Pizzas got the ball back with there server Henry Stepier. Lastly, with 1 minute left Calista Considine closed the game with 5 points, to make the final score 22-7. 

The 5S student section cleared as they stormed the court as there team had just won the 5th Grade Volleyball Championship. Congratulations to the Golden Tigers on their great win!!!