Colonial Times

The news from the school you love.

Colonial Times

Colonial Times

Winter Concert

Winter+Concert

On December 5th, 2023, 7:00 at Hutchinson Elementary School, there was a Colonial Elementary School winter concert. The fourth and fifth grade chorus sang, the orchestra played, and the fifth grade band played songs.  Everyone worked hard to prepare for this concert and the music teachers put a lot of effort into the concert.

The kids who did band and orchestra had early morning rehearsals at 7:30 every Day 1. The students had rehearsals during the day, running through orchestra, band, and chorus. Penny Garvett accompanied the fifth grade chorus on the piano, while Mr. Vasquez, the music teacher, directed the students.  

Penny Garvett said, “It was a great experience accompanying a chorus for the first time.” Brooke Gatto, a member of the chorus and orchestra said, “I loved the practicing leading up to the big night. I loved watching it come together.” Sofia Wall, a member from the chorus  says, “I enjoyed the winter concert, and I felt like it was very lovely.”

The winter concert was a great way to start the holiday season. The kids worked very hard and all their practice paid off.

View Comments (3)